Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai

I am removing the front strut from au falcon having trouble

Customer Question

i am removing the front strut from au falcon having trouble removing bolt in lower arm have the nut undone cant remove the bolt
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 7 months ago.

It doesn't have a thread inside, probably just rusted frozen inside the knuckle. You'll need a breaker bar or anything that you can get some good leverage on the bolt with to turn it and break it free. If you can't break it free, the only other option is to spray it with penetrating oil or heat the knuckle up with a torch and then try hitting it with the hammer to get it out. Good luck.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you.