Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

I am ***** *****. I just drove my car - parked up to go to a

Customer Question

Hi - I am ***** *****. I just drove my car - parked up to go to a shop and now when I try and turn the ignition there's a rapid clicking noise and a key symbol inside a car comes up on the dashboards and a rapid clicking noise from behind dash and the car won't start. It's a VW. Is this immobiliser? And what do I do?!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When I put key in ignition a key symbol inside a car comes up on dash and there's a rapid clicking noise. Car won't start. Is this immobiliser?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The rapid clicking noise can usually indicate a weal battery but the key symbol can indicate an immobilizer issue.I would start with recharging the battery or a jump start to see if it starts then.If it does then the battery was weak and needs recharged and tested to see if it needs replaced.If it still does not start then this can be he immobilizer itself at fault and may be an issue with your key as this is common to fail needing replaced or the immoblizer itself that reads the key needing replaced.You would have to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set then from there diagnosed and repaired to correct this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete