indy-tech, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  All import and domestic car repairs and diagnostics

I have a Mazda 2,2005 model. It idles just under 1000rpm and

Customer Question

Hi. I have a Mazda 2,2005 model. It idles just under 1000rpm and then makes a clickin noise when aircon comes on.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  indy-tech replied 7 months ago.

With the engine running and A/C switched ON look at the compressor clutch and see if the clicking is coming from it

you will see it cycle on and off as it clicks .

How often does it click

Is the A/C still nice and cold .

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Aircon is nice and cold. Does it when sitting at lights or a stand still when first starting car to cool down. Dan

Sounds like the compressor clutch is cycling on and off .

Need you to check this because if the compressor is not cycling then it could be the compressor itself .

We have just changed one for the same problem on at idle would click internally and after getting over 1000rpm would stop .

So at idle lift the bonnet and check the compressor clutch each times it clicks should stop then start turning this you will see .

If does not do this then possible compressor failure .

Remember i am not there to hear see or check I'm only going on experience so you need to check and if the sound is coming from else where let me know .

Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Rating is required to credit me for helping you! only then will I be credited.
A "Poor" or "Bad Service" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service .
Kind regards Greg.