Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech

On my F250 with an MWM 4.2L Sprint Motor, does the injection

Customer Question

On my F250 with an MWM 4.2L Sprint Motor, does the injection pump have a fuel shut-down solenoid? I guess the lift pump for the fuel is inside the injection pump? and just recently I came to a stop with the vehicle but it would not start again. The motor turns over quite freely with the starter motor. It would appear as though no fuel is getting through to the injectors. If there is an electrical fuel solenoid can you tell me which fuse operates this solenoid?
Help!! Thanks Richard
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Can you explain what it is you are working on please, is this a 2002 Ford F250 . Are you working on a gas engine or is this a diesel? You listing is not clear. Post back with complete information I will try and help you with this concern here.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ron, The F250 I'm working on is diesel. I have had the fuel tank off putting a new fuel pick-up in the tank. The system was primed then started ok but then drove it a short distance and parked it. I later went back to the truck and went to start it and all it did was wind over the starter motor and failed to start. Is there an electrical stop solenoid but can't locate the fuse for this. Thanks Richard
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Can you tell me the year of your F 250?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Year of F250 is 2002
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

There is no fuel shut off on the diesel engine. Have you checked the fuel pressure?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How can I check the fuel pressure when there is no fuel being pumped?? Where is the fuel lift pump situated??
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

The pump is on the left frame rail see the diagram in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ron, As mentioned in my original question the F250 has a MWM 4.2lt Sprint Motor, Not a 7.3lt motor as per the diagram you have sent. We seem to be going around in circles here. Sorry I paid the Aus$53 for expert advice I'm not really getting any satisfaction yet.Richard
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Okay , unfortunately I have no information on this model so I am going to open the post back up for you. This model is not sold in the states so hopefully someone else may have what your needing. If they can help you they will post back.