FixItMan
FixItMan, Master Technician
Experience:  AA DEGREE AUTOMOTIVE/DIESEL TECH
1627031

My son has a 2007 ford focus ,the brakes were not to good,

Customer Question

my son has a 2007 ford focus ,the brakes were not to good , car went to a specialist brake/clutch firm they replaced the master cylinder and 2 rear brake pads, however after using for a short time brakes were faulty, worked but needed to fully floor pedal and /pump. firm stripped master cylinder down replacement was ok .NO ALARMS nothing on scanning, fault still occurred and exists?specialist firm no more knowledge on abs faults? .
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  FixItMan replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Can you tell me if any warning lights come on when applying the brakes?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no
Expert:  FixItMan replied 8 months ago.

Thank you. If the brakes continue to go to the floor even after the master cylinder is replaced and the brakes are properly bled then you either have a failure in the ABS unit or it needs to be bled out. The only way to properly bleed it is by cycling it open and closed with a computer scan tool. If this is not done then there will be air trapped inside causing this to occur.