Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Car got hot stopped engine changed top hose filled with

Customer Question

car got hot stopped engine changed top hose filled with coolant now it wont start will run on aerostart Regards ***** ***** BITUMEN
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

In some cases on some models if the engine over heats it can cause a fault code to set which the computer can then disable engine starting to prevent any damage to the engine.If you have not had the fault codes checked at all to see what codes are set this should be done.This will need done with a scan tool/computer plugged into your vehicle that can communicate with all computers.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to see if there is an actual fault needing repaired or replaced and the codes cleared out to see if this corrects the fault.In some cases all that is needed is to have the codes cleared out for proper operation from there.The engine computer may be disabling the fuel causing this until the codes are either cleared out or diagnosed and repaired then cleared out with a scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks Pete I'm not at work at the moment but when I get in ill do what you said and try it it's exactly what it sounds like to me as well thanks again I'll let you know how it goes Regards Bob
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Your welcome Bob.Let me know how this turns out here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete