Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

BMW X3 2004 battery is draining reason. purchased new

Customer Question

BMW X3 2004 battery is draining for no reason. purchased new battery, removed any external devices... bluetooth ect and battery still draining. eventually removed the fuse which powers the GPRS Unit/pop up screen and the battery has been fine since. Have you heard of this before? what options do i have?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

What will need done is to locate what components are tied into that fuses circuit.Then unplug each of those components one at a time until you locate the component that is the source of the drain.Once this is done the component usually requires replacement to correct the drain issue here.

If you can post the name or fuse number and location of the fuse on your model I can see if I can locate the info on this fuse for you just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete