Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Kia k2700 truck door won't open drivers side

Customer Question

Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The most common cause for this here is usually a fault with the door latch itself with it needing to be removed and replaced.Unfortunately when this issue occurs here with the door closed the door paneling has to be removed in order to access and replace this latch.The door paneling is usually damaged when it is removed with the door closed to where once it is removed it may need repaired or replaced after the latch is replaced.You will have to try and trigger the latch to release with a flat blade tool or similar once the panel is pulled off.I wish I had better news on this here.The only other option is to see if a lock smith can come out and open the door with their tools instead to prevent any damage.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete