Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have a Ford BA xr6 and lately i have been experiencing the

Customer Question

Hi, i have a Ford BA xr6 and lately i have been experiencing the following issues
the car will rev up to 2000rpm when the clutch is depressed but drives smoothly
Check engine light will come on and ifle rough when first started if revs are not maintained over 1000rpm
Will continue to runnfor about 2 seconds when i turn off the ignnition
Not sure if these are all related but any assistance would be awesome!
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set need to be diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.This may be an issue with the engine computer itself at fault acting up internally in some cases.I have also seen issues with the electronic ignition switches on some models cause this as well needing replaced.

It can be difficult to fully diagnose a fault like this from here.These are some components that can fail and cause this and need checked into/tested further to pinpoint and repair this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete