Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Jo Just brought a ***** ***** astra 2008 and when u press

Customer Question

Jo Just brought a ***** ***** astra 2008 and when u press the horn it changes the radio srations
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The horn doesnt work
JA: OK got it. Last thing — AU Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If your model uses steering wheel controls as well on the steering wheel to control the radio volume and stations most likely the wiring is shorted in the steering column to where when the horn is pressed it can send a false signal to turn the radio stations.I have also seen the contact coil inside the steering column short out internally causing this as well.

The wiring needs checked in the steering column for any damage and if any damage is found it will need repaired.If the wiring is all found to be o.k. then most likely the contact coil in the steering column needs replaced to correct this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete