Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have a Mitsubishi tritonan the engine will cut out I have

Customer Question

hi Pearl
JA: How can we be of help?
Customer: I have a Mitsubishi triton*****an long the engine will cut out I have had to injector mechanics they tried a few things it worked for 6 months now back to doing the same have run several injector cleaners throu system this will happen the engine light comes on an stays on after about 3 or four starts it will go off till the next cut out what do I look for
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mitsubishi. The Mitsubishi Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if I can yes, or at least know what I going to be up for in repairs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mitsubishi Mechanic should know about your Mitsubishi?
Customer: my diesel is on gas as well
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Mitsubishi Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Most models use a crank sensor to run the computer and ignition components properly.If your model has not been checked for this crank sensor this needs done and if equipped and has not been replaced at all this can cause this issue here and is a common component to fail.I would have this checked/tested further to see if this is the cause for sure then from there it can be replaced to correct this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete