Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

Stuck in first gear hyundai excel, Hyundai excel, Stuck in

Customer Question

Stuck in first gear hyundai excel
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.
Customer: Hyundai excel
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Stuck in first car drives but stick flops up and down
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Taken cover off to expose cables black and red
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your car?
Customer: Its old
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Is this a manual transmission/gear box and the shifter stick is flopping around but not shifting in and out of first gear or any other gears?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.