Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Have a 2005 nissan navara 4x4 dual cab which drops into limp

Customer Question

Hi. Have a 2005 nissan navara 4x4 dual cab which drops into limp mode for no apparent reason, e.g heat,load or rev band. Stop car and engine warning light goes out and you may be lucky for an hour trouble free motoring or one minute before engine warning light returns and it drops back into limp mode. Mechanic ran diagnostic which indicated error seven, fault with senson for fuel pump timing. WHAT DO I DO take it to a diesel fitter or auto electrician. IS IT A FAULT WITH AN ECU.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This sounds like a fault with the diesel injection pump or engine timing components.The best place to take it to would be a diesel fitter to have the pump and timing checked to see if it can be adjusted or to see if one or more components has failed needing replaced.I dont think this is a fault with an ecu or any wiring.This sounds like a mechanical fault with the injection pump or timing.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete