Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

Inner cv removal 1998 rodeo, I need to change inner and

Customer Question

Inner cv removal 1998 rodeo
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I need to change inner and outer driver side cv rodeo 1997 4WD
JA: OK got it. Last thing — AU Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The front axles cannot be removed without removing the whole mounting plate from the front differential. If the inner joint is not damaged it is easiest to leave the inner joint cup in the front differential and to slip the inner joint apart to remove the rest of the axle and work on the outer joint.