sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Pcv prolems, need to locate new hose and would like to

Customer Question

pcv prolems, need to locate new hose and would like to replace the valve as weel
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.
Customer: thanks
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Sent the car for its 150000km logbook service, the mechanic said he had a P2187 and P2189 error code, lean mixture during ideling, had with him again as the engine check light came on again, he rectified the problem, same as before, yesterday it came back on again, this time on acceleration it was very sluggish this morning its fine but its feel like its stuttering
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Would like to know more of the problem, had it originally at an auto electrician he's finding was it was the ecu,
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your car?
Customer: Not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I see that you've had some issues with hesitation and fault codes setting, you're replacing the PCV hose and valve and a shop has diagnosed one of the problems as being an internal failure in the ECM.

What is the year and model of the vehicle?

What kind of help were you looking for?