Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

I bought Mitsubishi Outlander MY16 model at Mitsubishi

Customer Question

Hi. I bought Mitsubishi Outlander MY16 model at Mitsubishi official carpark. They asked me if I want to install front parking sensors and I accepted. My question is should that sensors be connected to the display on my panel (because rear one are connected and they are showing on which side I am close to some barrier), because I can just hear the sound but nothing is indicated on the display. Also the button for those sensors looks like China style button. When I asked over the phone they said that those are genuine Mitsubishi sensors. I am going to see them next week so I am wondering what is the truth.
Thanks and best regards
Ivan
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, the front sensors are not connected to the video, they are only audio. As to the button, without seeing it, I cannot tell you if it is OEM or aftermarket without seeing it. Take a photo of it and use the paperclip icon on your reply box to upload it here for me to see it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe I didn't explain it good but I was talking g about display in between of speed meter and rpm meter. The display that has a outline ex of the car and parallel lines that are indicating on what side of the car is the obstacle. Rear sensors are showing that but front are not showing anything and it's beeping. My question is should genuine Mitsubishi front sensors be connected to that like rear ones or not.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, I thought you were referring to camera display.

Yes, on the dash, it should display the same as the rear sensors.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can not send a photo. Something is not working. I have a photo in my photo gallery. But never mind. Does that button needs to look similar like button for rear sensors and located next to it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you send me some photos that you have with that button and with display showing front indication so I can show to them. Thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Which of those buttons is a front parking sensor and on the second picture isn't that picture for automatic following of the car in front and keeping distance. The image that showed parking sensors activity is outline of the car up is front down is back and the lines appear on the side of the car where the obstacle is. Can you find that picture with lines at front that are showing the sensors indicate something in front of the car. It does not have to be right now but I need it until Wednesday. Thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

Hi

It is the FCM(forward collision monitor) button - although commonly referred to as front parking sensors, the technical term is forward collision monitor.

I will check for another photo showing the dash display with the FCM engaged

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi did you receive my photos? I am talking about that kind of displaying for rear and front sensors. Those two lines are saying that I have obstacle at the back of my car. And the second photo is when I turn my car on is shoving the image that that is a possibility that the car will show if there is an obstacle in front of the car and on which side. So my question is is that right? Am I assuming good? I'm not talking about FCM because my car does not have that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is another picture of displaying back sensors display reacting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should the front sensors show the same on the display? Do you have some of those photos with front sensors reaction? Not the picture of FCM. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That 1 0 button on the bottom. That's the button for front parking sensors
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

It should show the lines in front of the vehicle on the dash display and the button should be with the other buttons, not at bottom. That is an aftermarket button, not factory

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you provide me some picture with display showing front sensors working. Thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

will see if I have one

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eric. Did you find some pictures of the dish board with active front parking sensors. I need them for tomorrow because I have appointment at the Mitsubishi garage tomorrow. Thanks again. ***** is urgent. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eric. Did you forget about me?
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I have searched and searched and dont have a photo and will need to opt out