Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I had to take the battery out of wife's car and once I put

Customer Question

Hi I had to take the battery out of wife's car and once I put back in the. Car starts for about 3/5 seconds then dies what do I need to do to fix this issue. It's a 2010 jg cdx Holden cruze
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The vehicles security system has engaged due to battery voltage loss and is causing this here.In some cases you can lock and unlock the doors with the key blade or with the remote to reset the system to then be able to start and operate the vehicle but in some cases a dealer or authorized repair center has to reprogram the theft system again with their scan tool/computer to correct this here.I would try the locking and unlocking feature to see if this corrects the fault here.If this does not work then a dealer or repair center will have to reprogram the theft system.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete