Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

My BT50 3.2ltr with 29000klm was found to have water in the

Customer Question

My BT50 3.2ltr with 29000klm was found to have water in the rear diff when serviced by mazda in Busselton W.A. The vehicle has never been off road or in water. Have you experienced this in any other vehicles of this model?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

On most models the differentials have a vent.If this vent has sucked in any rain water due to the vent tube facing down or incorrectly installed this can cause an issue like this here.This would be the only reason I would see that this could occur if the vehicle has not been in any water at all or off road.I would have this checked to see if first if it has a vent and if there is an issue with the vent tube or vent connection.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete