Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

Have Lexus v8 in Jetboat running a link computer it is

Customer Question

Have Lexus v8 in Jetboat running a link computer it is surging at idle and when throttle applied it will cut out unless I kink return fuel line to tank and pressurise the system then if seems to run fine can you help??
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If kinking the fuel return line seems to make the engine run better I would suspect you have a weak fuel pump . All your doing by kinking the line is increasing the fuel pressure. I would start with installing a fuel pressure gauge to the system and monitoring the fuel pressure while the problem is occurring.