Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Senior Technician
84449473

Names ***** ***** and have a very strange electrical problem

Customer Question

Names ***** ***** and have a very strange electrical problem with my WL statesmen
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: just driving and the radio will cut out and drop all the guages or when I hit high beam the radio cuts out
JA: OK got it. Last thing — AU Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

My name is***** am a Gold Certified Holden Technician.

I'll try to help you with your problem.

Do all the radio buttons on your steering wheel function correctly?

Is yours a in dash stacker 6 disc, or boot mounted stacker 10 disc?

Gary

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
6 stacker dash all buttons on steering wheel function also when braking sometimes the radio will cut out sometines when first starting car it will alarm abd say thet the traction control is off or there is an ABS fault or both just by turning off the ignition and restarting the car these faults go away
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like you have a low volts condition straight after start up, or whenever there is a quick demand (high beam, braking etc).

There are many faults with VZ/WL, so we need a TECH 2 to scan the vehicle for codes.

Your local Holden dealer will do this for you for a small charge, can you do this?

I would be more concerned of the ABS lamps than the radio at this point.

Gary

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I know I would find your problem if I could see the car.

Yours is unusual, quite possibly low charging output of alternator or a poor ground that becomes hot.

I hope I was able to provide you with some guidance.

Regards

Gary