sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My daughter drives a 2010 Hyundai Getz and recently the

Customer Question

My daughter drives a 2010 Hyundai Getz and recently the steering wheel stereo controls have been playing up. The volume controls will either bump the volume up full bore and barely audible. She has been stuck in traffic a few times with the stereo at full volume & unable to change it down. Only thing that seems to work is switching the car off and on a couple of times. Any ideas?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The problem may be with the switch itself, the clockspring or wiring or the problem could be in the radio. How have you determined the volume is raising because of the steering wheel switch rather than the volume control on the radio itself?