Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

My name is con and I got a 2004 lancer GS just wondering how

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** I got a 2004 lancer GS just wondering how to reset my key fob coz I believe the immobiliser has gone into. Theft mode . thanks
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The car turns over but won't start . the key fell apart as u went to start it so it started for about 5 seconds and now I put key back together it won't start the immobiliser won't turn off
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mitsubishi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Try locking and unlocking the doors with the key blade or the remote part then try and start the vehicle.If this does not work most likely the key itself will need replaced as it may not be sending the signal the vehicle needs to allow it to start.I have seen several keys fail due to this issue here.I dont see a manual way myself to reset the system for this model here.Usually this has to be done by a dealer with their scan tool/computer.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete