Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have just bought a Nissan Expert, 2001 diesel, the engine

Customer Question

I have just bought a Nissan Expert, 2001 diesel, the engine often stops , especially when slowing down.
The fault is irregular, the engine fault light comes on before it happens.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

One common component that can fail/act up here and cause this issue is the crank position sensor/engine rpm sensor itself.I have seen this sensor act up several times just like this here.In some cases the engine will start right back up and in other cases the vehicle may have to sit a little while before it will restart.

What needs to be done from here since the engine light has come on is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.I suspect the crank sensor itself is the cause as this is most common for this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete