Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

My name is ***** ***** and im looking to see why I'm having

Customer Question

Hi, my name is ***** ***** and im looking to see why I'm having trouble changing gears. The clutch goes straight to the floor with no resistance and doesn't come back out of its own accord when I press the pedal. And it doesn't feel like it disengages when I do this
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had trouble changing gears for a week or so before this happened (felt like something snapped when I went to change gears pulling into my driveway and the clutch went straight to the floor), but before that I had to force the gears into place when I was changing. Car is 195000kms. Not sure what else to add
JA: OK got it. Last thing — VW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

First, I need the year and model of your VW