Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have Daewoo Espero 1997 everytime i put my foot on the

Customer Question

I have Daewoo Espero 1997 everytime i put my foot on the brake the left indicator comes on and stays on till i take my foot off the brake what should i do?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

What causes this fault here is a poor ground for the brake light system.The lights will back feed through the lighting circuit in search of a ground and cause lights to come on like you see here.What needs to be done from here is to have the brake light wiring grounds checked and sockets as well as brake light wiring for any corrosion or damage needing repaired or replaced.Once this is done and repaired this will correct this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do i fix this please?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately it is difficult to say for sure where the damage to the wire is.You would need to inspect the brake light sockets for corrosion or damage and then trace the brake light wiring to see if any wiring is found to be damaged in any way needing repaired or replaced.It is hard to say from here where the damage is so it will need to be traced to locate and repair this fault.I would start at the brake light sockets themselves and trace the wiring and connections from there repairing any faults you see.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What else do u need to know about the car? Cause it is unregistered i dont want to cause of this problem.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.If you want I can open your question up for others to see if anyone else can assist further on this here just let me know.

Thanks Pete