Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have a C200K and the mechanic thinks there is a valve

Customer Question

I have a C200K and the mechanic thinks there is a valve issue as there is no comprehension in the motor. Still waiting on official diagnostics. What could this potentially mean
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Engine light came on about 4 days ago. Car still running OK but today, slight loss of power. Drove to mechanic today and when I turned it off, it wouldn't start again, and engine had no compression, going into ?"automatic start mode"?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you have no compression on any cylinders and you drove the vehicle to the mechanics and then it would not start and had this no compression issue I suspect the timing chain or one of the timing components has failed causing the no compression in the cylinders.It had to have had compression when you drove it to the repair facility as it would not have run at all so I suspect one or more of the timing components may have failed causing this issue here.This can lead to the cylinder head valves becoming damaged needing the cylinder head removed and repaired or removed and replaced.

I would have the engine checked into further to see if one or more of the timing components has failed and the cylinder head checked to see if it can be repaired or if it needs replaced.

This could mean that in some cases this can cost over $2500 to have repaired and in some cases even more all depending on the damage done and what needs repaired and replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete