Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

From Malaysia. My car is a Kia Sorento, bought in 2011. Two

Customer Question

Hi, my name is***** from Malaysia. My car is a Kia Sorento, bought in 2011. Two month ago I was involved in accident. The front part was a bit damaged but still I can drive. I drove the car to make a police report. It was quite far away and after more than half an hour my car stopped. The engine was still on but it was like neutral gear. Then my car was towed to the workshop. After it was repaired everything seems to be okay but the engine warning light lit up. However, when i drove a long distance the engine became overheated and I have to top up the radiator water. What do you think is the problem?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing I would do is have the cooling system checked to see if its holding coolant and not leaking. This can be done by performing a cooling system pressure test. If the pressure test checks okay and your not loosing coolant then the next step would be to check cooling fan operation. Post back with the results and we can work from there if need be.