Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

I have a 1996 xr6 falcon ute and it keeps breaking cables

Customer Question

I have a 1996 xr6 falcon ute and it keeps breaking cables down at the gearbox end im only getting roughy 1000 ks before it breaks any ideas
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My information on your Cruiser is somewhat limited but since no one has step in to try and help you I will see if I can. Can you explain what cables you are referring to and are you working with a standard transmission or is this an automatic?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thankyou very much for your time but have the problem sorted at last many thanks ,john Marks.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Glad to hear you got it resolved and thank you as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thankyou for your help it was a heavy duty clutch that was the problem going to put normal clutch in sick of replacing clutch cables, we will see how it goes.tried to put heavier cable in but new mechinic said clutch to heavy for car we will see what happens will keep your number handy thankyou.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Installing a light clutch will likely solve this for you. Im here if need be. Good luck as well.