Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Mate have just installed new stereo in 1998 cruiser

Customer Question

Hey mate have just installed new stereo in 1998 cruiser everything works fine on stereo but have no dash or tail lights do you know if the standard stereo created the dash/ tail light circuit as it seems to be a dead short but no wires in brhind head unit are touching anything
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My access to information on your Ute is very limited but installing a radio should not have affect the dash light unless you somehow shorted something out in the circuit. I would start with checking all the fuse to see if you may have one blown with could affect the dash and tail light because they are on the same circuit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey mate sorry but I need to talk to someone who has dealt with thes before as I have a fair amount of experience with this sort of thing and have checked everything in relation to wiring looms and fuses I need to know how the wiring configuration between original radio plugs is as I am certain this is where the problem is
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay I will relist the post for you. Thank you just the same and good luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou mate very much appreciated
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you checked for any shorted or damaged wiring at all?