Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

Mod. Nissan Navara 2002. ZD30 moto r
, Replaced

Customer Question

Mod. Nissan Navara 2002. ZD30 moto r
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Replaced injector pump but pulled out set pin (drill bit )from idler gear 1 before i replaced timing chain
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: My Nissan book says that the idler gear has to be replaced
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: I had it scanned by a mechanic he said it was the injector pump & 2 injectors
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My nissan Navara previously has been Not starting for me until i have primed the pump sometimes i have had to do it 2 or 3 times
I have driven it to Melbourne (600kl) towing a boat it went well but after leaving it over night it had to be primed it stopped & could not get it going. Hope this may help as well.
Regards Tom
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

has the injector pump been replaced

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have replaced the injector pump
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

is it not a self a priming fuel pump

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ZD30 MOTOR. I believe it is not
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have2 prime the fuel filter pump.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do i have to do now to get an answer
regards Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
clo0620
the injector pump is self priming.I had to prime the fuel filter pump to get it going