sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have an issue about starting my x trail TI 2002 it does

Customer Question

Good day, I have an issue about starting my x trail TI 2002 it does not crank, the dash gear shift indicator lights also not working, I can only start the engine by using jumping wire direct to the starter.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was still able to drive the car but once I switch the engine off I can not start the x trail on the ig. switch
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds as if the trans controller isn't awake or you're missing transmission range sensor signal. Either way, without the range sensor signal present you won't have a shifter display and the starter won't engage if it doesn't see the shifter is in park.

If you jump the starter and then drive it does the transmission shift?