Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

I have a commodore VX 3.8 with LPG conversion poor starting

Customer Question

I have a commodore VX 3.8 with LPG conversion poor starting on petrol, late on gas I Believe its the peel Petrol start assist, is there a way I can go around the system to test if I right.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

Hi Albert,

A very common problem with dual fuel Commodore.

How old is the petrol in the tank?

You could have a fuel pressure problem, ie: bad pump return valve or pressure regulator.

You could also have a larger than acceptable water content in the fuel.

If this only happens cold, try a squirt of carb cleaner in the throttle body prior to start up, to see if it makes any difference.

Gary

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for your reply, but it was a typical trouble shooting answer, the problem is that the injectors are shutting down. as I have no wire diagram of the LPG set up, I was hopeful for a quick answer, so it looks like I will have to try and error as I have to prove it around the petrol start assists. as for my Visa load & go I do not know why it did not work, send me your address and I will send a cheque in the post.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

Hi Albert,

That is unfortunate if the system is turning off the injectors prior to switching to LPG.

No knowing which system you have, I would recommend you go to an LPG servicing centre who should be able to fix it for you.

If you would like to pay, although I am not really expecting anything, because I didn't fix your problem, you can send to Gary Rolfe,***** Everton Park, Brisbane QLD, 4053.

Thanks very much for your courtesy, you are welcome back any time.

Regards

Gary