Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Toyota Prado about 2005 going fine then wouldn't start,

Customer Question

Toyota Prado about 2005
going fine
then wouldn't start, started and low 4 WD light is on as well as traction control
What can it be please? Feels heavy to drive, is it safe?
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is a GXL 2011 model
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
155km on clock
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set.This is done with a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers to see what codes are set.Once this has been done the codes are then diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.This may be an issue with a transfer case shift actuator causing the no start if it sent a faulty signal and may have caused the 4wd to engage in 4 low causing the heavy drive feel.

I do not recommend driving it this way as this can lead to damage to the transfer case or other drive train components in some cases.I would have this towed to a repair center that works on this model to have the codes checked and diagnosed and the transfer case and transfer case electronics checked into to see if the fault can be pinpointed for repair.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** simply a dead cell in the 5 plus yr old battery, (same age as the car) which when replaced with a new one fixed the lot of the problems.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome.Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete