Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have an EH ute, I have an eery whining noise coming from

Customer Question

I have an EH ute, I have an eery whining noise coming from the rear area . It is worse after it's been driven for a while. It sounds as though it might be the fuel pump as it sounds as though it would be in that area of the car. It's definitely not in the engine. It doesn
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a a car. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I have a whining noise coming from the rear of my 98 falcon ute 6cyl. It sounds as though it might be the fuel pump.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your car?
Customer: The noise starts as soon as I turn the key on, before I start the engine.
JA: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If this noise is coming from the fuel tank or fuel tank area most likely this is the fuel pump itself at fault causing this here needing replaced.I have seen several fuel pump failures in the past before cause this issue needing replaced to correct this fault here.I would have this inspected further to be sure this is the cause here before replacing the pump.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete