Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have a 1999 ford fairmont Ghia AU and it has climate

Customer Question

I have a 1999 ford fairmont Ghia AU and it has climate control air con.When I try to turn off the air con by pushing the off button or turning off the ignition the fan stays on. I called RAC and they located an air con fuse 40amp under the bonnet in a box behind the battery, pulled the fuse out and the fan stoped.If I put the fuse back in ithe fan starts again even without the ignition on..I checked out the net and put the fuse back in and pulled both fan fuses nearby but did nothing so not them. Also read something else about relays so pulled a couple of them out ie located above the fuses with the same fuse in but still nothing....Some Ford forums talk about a main transistor in the fan speed controller, which may have corroded/shorted, but stuffed if i know.....Selling the car next year, dont care about climate control but would like to have air con and dimisters working without spending a small fortune...any thoughts re fix??
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

What will cause this type of fault here that I have seen in the past before is a fault with the blower control module/processor/resistor itself.This can short out internally and needs replaced.I dont show the location for this with my info here but if you follow the heater fan motor wiring it should lead to it and it should be near the heater fan itself.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi thanks for reply but would prefer that question be open to someone who has specific knowledge.
Thanks for your interest but please put my question back as open on Just Answer for other assistance.
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

No problem,

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Has this ? been opened, as no reply yet..Will be required to cancel and seek refund if no reply soon....