Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Vw eos 2012 model MFD setting missing

Customer Question

vw eos 2012 model MFD setting missing for phone
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If your model had this phone setting before and does not now all of a sudden this can be a software issue with the head unit itself.I have seen where software needs downloaded into the unit again to correct a fault like this here before.I have also seen where the head unit/control unit itself can fail internally and cause this issue needing replaced.This will have to be checked by a dealer in most all cases to see if software needs downloaded and installed to correct this or to see if the head unit/control unit itself needs replaced.

If this is a feature your model has never been able to use at all this can be due to the options for your model may not be installed on your particular vehicle and a dealer may have to install a retro fit kit to correct this issue here.I have seen this needed in several models before and can sometimes cost up around $1000 all depending on what needs installed and programmed into your vehicle.

All of these need checked into to locate and correct this problem here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete