rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Cougar missing even in idle, slows down to crawl with over

Customer Question

Hey cougar missing even in idle, slows down to crawl with over quarter nof tank on gauge, no fuel light on
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Thats pretty well it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercury Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Misfires are caused from vacuum leaks, ignition failures, low compression and plugged or bad injectors including no power to one of the injectors.

Thanks, Ron