Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Myvan has an issue with the headlights the low beams dont

Customer Question

my 1988 toyota hiave van has an issue with the headlights the low beams dont come on at all, and the highbeams only work when i flash them, i cant get them working on the constant setting
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the low beams dont come on at all, and the highbeams only work when i flash them, i cant get them working on the constant setting
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This can be a fault with the dimmer control switch that switches the lights from din to high beam.I have seen this switch fail before in the past needing replaced to correct this fault here.This switch will need to be tested further to verify it is the cause here and if found at fault replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete