Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Its ***** *****. Just struggling to find the map sensor on

Customer Question

Hey Its ***** *****. Just struggling to find the map sensor on my mitsubishi 4m40 delica.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yeah the car is blowing black smoke when i accelerate hard
JA: OK got it. Last thing — AU Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I dont show the exact location of the map sensor on your model here but I see no one else has replied here.In some cases a dealers parts department or a local parts store in your area can tell you the location.In allot of cases black smoke can be caused by one or more faulty fuel injectors needing replaced.If you have not had these tested and if the map sensor does not correct the fault here I would have the injectors tested to see if one or more is found faulty needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete