Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

I have a 2012 mazda BT50. Power train light coming on when

Customer Question

I have a 2012 mazda BT50. Power train light coming on when accelerating fairly hard and sending into limp mode. Initial scan indicated faulty fuel pressure regulator...replaced unit however did not fix fault. If driven carefully fault does not occur..appears to be only under higher load conditions
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: A re-scan did not show any "logged fault" Vehicle has done around 155000 kms. The power train light does not stay illumunated only comes on for a a few seconds then goes out again however car has already switched to limp or protection mode
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mazda Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, you need to hook a fuel pressure gage up and run the hose with gage to the windshield and tape it there and take for a test drive, and see what the fuel pressure is doing when you do a hard acceleration.

I also need the last 8 of the vin code to pull up specifications and schematics as needed