Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

My name is ***** ***** and we are trying to work out where

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** and we are trying to work out where all the screws are located in our Astra AH 2005 hatch as the window is stuck down in door trim on back door behind passenger seat We have located screw behind chrome door handle and near speaker but that it is it
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: electric window made noise when bringing window down and now the window will not return upwards. Can hear motor working though when button is depressed
JA: OK got it. Last thing — AU Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Usually what fails here that causes the fault you have described is an issue with the window regulator itself at fault needing replaced.The window will roll down but the regulator will come apart not allowing the window back up and usually you can hear the window motor spinning when this is the case here.Unfortunately I dont show the info on how this paneling is removed on this model here.You might check with a dealer or repair center to see if they can tell you how this is removed for sure.If this is not an option for you let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete