Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

My car alarmed went off from inside. As soon as i parked my

Customer Question

Hi, my car alarmed went off from inside. As soon as i parked my car this morning and i turned off the car engine and the alarm just went off. I didn't know what happened but i just ignored it. Until i came back to open my car door by using the car remote and it couldn't open. I had to manually use the car keys to open it. May i know what is wrong with my car? My car is Nissan Pulsar 2001.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This can be due to a fault with one of the alarm sensors like a door lock sensor or shock sensor at fault.One of the door locks may have sent a false signal that the door was locked (usually the drivers door) then when the vehicle was shut off if the door was opened it may have set off the alarm.I have seen several of these sensors fail before for a fault like this here and usually the door latch needed replaced as most of these sensors are part of the door latch itself.

The vehicle may not have unlocked with the remote due to the sensor failure or due to a weak battery in the vehicle from the alarm going off.I would have the battery tested and re charged if needed to see if this resolves this issue here then from there the fault codes need checked/read out to see what codes are set so the fault can be located and repaired for this issue here with the alarm.A scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle may also be needed to monitor the latch/door position sensors to see if one is found faulty needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete