Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have a ssangyong 2006 and my speedo,temp and fuel guage

Customer Question

Hi i have a ssangyong 2006 and my speedo,temp and fuel guage has stoped working , can you help me with this please.
Thanks Deb
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Did all of these start to fail like this at the same time?

Does the vehicle still run and shift properly with these acting up like this here?

Has anything been checked/tested or replaced to try and locate or repair the fault here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi pete
Just to let you know i have been reading up on ssangyongs and tgere fauls are funny and it normally takes a ssangyong mechanic to work out the problem but im happy for you to help if you think you can 😊 the car was running great the day before and nothing was touched , then next day started the car and all the dash guage were not working but the lights and indicator are working .
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
other than that the car runs fine accept when i put my foot flat down and push her hard the heater gauge goes to the tope and engine light come on but its not overheading and then the next day its all fine again , so i don't push her now lol
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
your the first step i have taken to try to work out the problem .
Deb
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

O.k.,what causes this issue here in allot of cases is an internal electrical fault in the gauge panel/instrument cluster itself.I have seen this fail several times before in the past needing replaced or removed and repaired by an authorized repair center to correct this fault here.If the engine and transmission are both operating properly with this fault here I suspect the instrument gauge panel needs to be either removed and repaired or replaced.

I would have this tested further and like you said this may take a ssangyong mechanic to do this testing and repair.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Im sory Pete i have been working very long hours in the last 2 days and will look this over tomorrow , you see ssangyong cars are known for there electric faults and have found most macanics find them hard to work on . Pete do i rate you once i find if this is the problem ?
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

No problem.I dont have the diagrams on this model here to post on how to test this but this component does sound like the cause here.Let me know what you come up with here when your ready.You can rate at any time and we can still continue to work here if needed.

Thanks Pete