Doug
Doug, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Factory trained technician
21364095

I'm told my Mitsubishi express van, 486 engine, needs new

Customer Question

I'm told my Mitsubishi express van, 486 engine, needs new sparkplugs, how do I fit them ?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Doug replied 10 months ago.

On these vans you will have an access panel in the floor to get to the engine you will need to remove in order to change the plugs.
If you have a carb model then the spark plugs will go in the side of the head on the exhaust side and have wires leading to them.

If you have a fuel injected model then the spark plugs will go in to the top of the valve cover, through the middle in recesses; the plugs will either have plug wires to pull out or ignition coils held on with 10mm bolts depending on emissions pack. Once the plug wires or coils are removed, a spark plug socket and extension is used to get the plugs out.

To have the plugs changed on this model expect about 1.5 hours in labor, or around $200.