Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

1998 Falcon XR8 backfires when cold but ok when warmed up

Customer Question

1998 Falcon XR8 backfires when cold but ok when warmed up won,t rev over 3000RPM. It just sits on those rev,s and won,t go over,do they have air flow sensor problems .
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The back fire issue and revving up issue can be caused by a fault with a lack of fuel to the engine or a vacuum leak on the engine itself.I have seen both cause this type of fault here needing located and corrected to resolve this issue here.I would have the fuel system tested to see if this is due to a restricted fuel filter or fuel line and the engine checked over for any vacuum leaks.If a leak is found or fuel issue is found it will need to be corrected to resolve this fault here.If this is or has been checked and found to be o.k. already let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete