Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Name is, I have a BF XR6 and I'm trying to tract down a

Customer Question

Customer: Hi name is***** have a BF XR6 and I'm trying to tract down a battery drain. The disconnected battery holds over 13v, it's good. With the use of a multi-meter connected and removing all fuses and relays one by one the ONLY reading change is from the BCM fuse but that only registers milli amp lost.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The vehicle only have two electric accessories fitted, a Parrot Bluetooth and a quality alarm system. So my next check will be to disconnect those items and see if either is the drain. However I do not know how to remove the ICC from the dash.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — AU Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

When you pull each fuse one at a time to try and locate the source of the draw you want to wait 10 minutes between each fuse pull to see if the draw then drops down into a normal milliamp range.In some cases it can take up to 10 minutes for complete power down when a fuse is removed to then get an accurate draw reading.If this has not been checked this way this needs done.If this was already checked this way let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete