Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

I sent $5000 on finding out why my truck is missing in top

Customer Question

Customer: I sent $5000 on finding out why my truck is missing in top gear only to have it real messed up now. As soon as it get hot it loses power and blows black smoke out the back. Just payed for a new fuel injectors,plus,leads,dizzy cap and rotor
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It was missing a little when i was driving at 100 Ks But after the new fuel injectors its worse now then before. I just cleaned the MIF and no difference
JA: OK got it. Last thing — GM Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to be able to try and help you we are going to need to know what your working on, year, make model as well as engine size. Post back with complete information and we can work from there if you are still needing help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1997 Chevy Tahoe 4x4 5.7
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Is the check engine light coming on and if so what are the fault codes its setting?