sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

BA ford XR6 turbo, starts and revs gh ( 4-5000 rpm) then

Customer Question

Customer: BA ford XR6 turbo, starts and revs high ( 4-5000 rpm) then backs off and runs on two or three cylinders and then knocks as timing is way off, TB was changed for a second hand unit with no change.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: when in this mode the fly by wire does not work but when stopped and ignition on the TB works as normal
JA: OK got it. Last thing — AU Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds as if the engine is going into limp in and purposely limiting power.

What year is the vehicle?

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to see what fault codes are setting when this happens. Do you know what codes are setting?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have rectified the problem, no fault codes were coming up on my diagnostic tool, though the engine light would come on, in limp mode you would still be able to active the throttle via the fly by wire but after starting the throttle would not work. I have requested pay pal to stop payment as payment should have only been taken when I had received my answer.

If you would like a refund of your deposit you can do so from your screen.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
nothing on my screen that I can see to request a refund

There should be a help link at the bottom of the page.