Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

How are you? I bought a 1983 380Se to hopefully use engine

Customer Question

Hi how are you? I bought a 1983 380Se to hopefully use engine in my 1991 420se is that possible? Or do body parts from 420 fit 380?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Looking at the info on these here this would be a tough install to do.Most likely the engine wiring harness,mounts,possibly the transmisison/gear box,radiator and other components including computers would need installed.This may be harder to do then its worth doing.I dont show or know an exact procedure on how this is done here unfortunately.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete