Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

2007 xc90 d5 replaced engine cover seal and replaced copper

Customer Question

2007 xc90 d5 replaced engine cover seal and replaced copper washers for injectors but not starting, getting diesel to pump but coming through to fuel rail
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If there are no codes set for this issue here and you are getting fuel to the diesel injection pump itself this can be a fault with the injection pump itself.I have seen this pump fail before and fail to provide high fuel rail pressure.I have had to remove and have this pump rebuilt in some cases or remove and replace it.If you are getting any codes setting with this issue here post the code info as this will help.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete